Friday, February 28, 2014

Fieldwork Friday: From the archives

Thirty-six hours. Maybe less. In just a day and a half I expect to be settling down finally into one location and happily living with my work again. I have big plans for Sunday morning that involve ink and pajamas. Which, now that I think of it, probably sounds a wee bit strange. But hopefully long-time readers will be able to explain it to newcomers in a way that doesn't make me sound too eccentric.

ANYWAY. Since I don't have new lino work to share (although I do have a block all drawn up and ready to go!) I thought I'd get Mr. Peabody to fire up the Wayback Machine and see what we could see.


So here's an old sketchbook scan dated 2003. This is a fabulous ponderosa pine living and growing in Chubb Park, a lovely area at the eastern edge of our small county. At least I presume it's still living and growing there ten-plus years later. I need to go look for it again.

I dubbed this "the donut tree," for obvious reasons. Its mysterious growth pattern seems a fitting metaphor for my own journey of the past several months. Got a little twisted around, but now it's onward and upward again!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the final steps in getting settled, and I hope those pajama and ink plans work out just as you hope! Sometimes a little ink goes a long way to making me feel right as rain (or perhaps in your case, right at home!)

    Wade

    ReplyDelete
  2. pjs and art on a sunday doesn't seems strange, seems like a normal thing for an artist to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your linocuts are spectacular but I always love getting peaks into other artists' sketchbooks, so thank you for this and the great lizard before! :) Did this Pondo smell like vanilla??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your linocuts are spectacular but I always love getting peaks into other artists' sketchbooks, so thank you for this and the great lizard before! :) Did this Pondo smell like vanilla??

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...