Thursday, June 6, 2013

Linocut in progress: Columbine Part 4

Still poking along here with the columbine linocut.

I decided that I wanted more color variety in some of the stems, so I took a deep breath and put another lighter color over the existing dark.

Step 8

Looks a wee bit scary, doesn't it?

But never fear, most of it went away in the next pass. I carved a few stems and then printed a dark blue-green to light yellow-green pass to get the image back on track.

Step 9 (Sorry about the wet ink glare.)

Might just be one pass left, I'm not sure. I like the feeling of the background blend now, but I would like to define some more foliage in the lower foreground. Could be just a partial blended roll will do the trick.

What a difference a color pass makes.

1 comment:

  1. that makes a huge difference! its great seeing the before and after together, really shows you how much colour can change the look of a piece

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...