Thursday, December 6, 2012

Yellow. And a demo-to-be...

Only the second color and already the jig is up on this linocut. Yeah. Another bird on the water. I just can't seem to help myself. The water patterns are so fun to carve!

Tickled pink (yellow?) am I that yellow-over-blue ink still reads yellow. I've done it the other way 'round (blue over yellow), but this time the blue needed to be the lighter value. Seemed risky, but it worked. Whew!


And guess what! If you're in the Denver area you can be among the first to see what the next color pass looks like because I'll be working on this piece during the free public demonstration session at Abend Gallery this Saturday, December 8. Fourteen artists will be on hand to share their working methods, but I can just about guarantee that I'll be the lone printmaker in a sea of painters. I'd love to see some smiling faces showing some printmaker love, so come on down!

If you can't make it this weekend, demonstrations are scheduled at the gallery every Saturday in December, in conjunction with Abend's 22nd Annual Holiday Miniatures Show. I'll only be in attendance on the 8th, but that shouldn't keep you from checking out what everyone else is up to. And there will be some fine work to ogle, too. I can think of six little linocuts, for example....

22nd Annual Holiday Miniatures Show
Abend Gallery, 2260 E. Colfax Ave, Denver
303-355-0950 | 800-288-3726
Demonstrations: December Saturdays, 11am-3pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...