Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Unexpected Paris

The Louvre from the Tuileries. I didn't go in...
save it for next time.

Sometimes it's good to not have too many plans when one hits the road. The suddenness of my decision to travel to the Netherlands for the opening of the Artists for Nature exhibition meant I didn't really have much time to organize an itinerary beyond the first few days.

This meant lots of wandering about the Dutch countryside (which I love) but it also meant I could make an unexpected detour to Paris. I'm only here for two days but I'm packing in a lot.

Inside the Musee d'Orsay

This morning I went with my friend T to the Degas exhibit at the Musee d'Orsay and then wandered around by myself discovering a bit of Paris. Tomorrow I'll try to go to an exhibition of animal art at the Grand Palais and then it's back to Amsterdam in the evening.


I'm on visual and cultural overload now. I heard my first American voices in almost two weeks today. Startling. A bit like a rude alarm clock sounding off in the middle of a lovely dream.

I don't expect to post again until I am home, so au revoir until then.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Paris, France

2 comments:

  1. Smiling at the thought of shadowing you on your adventure :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! Glad you're having such fun and such largely unstructured trip. That visual and sensory overload will produce some art down the road, I know. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...