Friday, March 7, 2008

The stuff you find in the drawer...

Okay, so I'm still grumbling about my paper shortage... I've ordered a stack, but haven't even seen a shipping confirmation yet. Grumble grumble grumble.

Ever-hopeful, I went back to the flat file this morning... hoping I had some tucked away in another drawer somewhere. No luck there, either, BUT.... I did come across this little tiny (3x4) linocut.


I'd forgotten all about it. It's actually part of a larger piece that I did as a t-shirt design for the Colorado Breeding Bird Atlas II . The sort of "high concept" here is that the Atlas project takes each 7.5' quad map of Colorado and divides it into six blocks for the purpose of surveying the status of breeding bird species in the state. Six blocks, three major landscape features, three groovy birds of those landscapes... and a linocut to boot. Fun, eh?

Hopefully the big news later today or this weekend will be that the remodeled Sherrie York website will be going live. It's hiding behind the existing site now... a secret bit of evolution that I'm feeling quite pleased with so far. Just you wait.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is beautiful. I love the stark graphic simplicity you get, the volume is great and the shapes are so expressive!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's strong, I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...