Sunday, July 1, 2007

TEN

I spent most of last week herding cats.

It was Upper Arkansas TEN week, a week-long outdoor education workshop that I help organize and present for area teachers. Wrangling 30 teachers in a class during their summer recess can be great fun or a great trial, but this year it was sheer delight. We had a fabulous group of enthusiastic, engaged, thoughtful, and oh-so-flexible participants and it was a great week. I didn't get any sleep, mind you. But we had a good time.
Here's the gang... thanks again to all of you!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea. We should do something like that. *makes note to self*

    BTW, in case you haven't enough to keep you occipied (ha!), I'm tagging you with the Eight Random Facts meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fun program. This year we took a history tour with a local expert, spent time dodging lightning in one of only a handful of "extreme rich" fen environments in the world (this one at 10,000 ft. elevation and home to some plants found nowhere else on the planet), spent a day doing shooting sports, and by the end of the week produced a "newspaper" recounting the experience.

    We've also floated the river to learn geology, investigated a mock poaching scene, and solved a mystery involving millions of dead fish at the local hatchery.

    Wow! My first meme! What to say, what to say......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I won't run one over here but claim to be a school teacher and join the next one in your neck of the woods.

    (OTOH, I don't think I'll get away with it. I typed 'occipied'. *sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can come here... or I'll come there and help you run one. What a plan!

    Occipied, (having eyes or being in the process of hardening?), orcapied (having whales?), porcupied (having prickles?). It all works for me.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...