Saturday, November 1, 2014

Linocut in Progress: Getting There!

The problem with it being sooooooo easy to print now is that I find it really hard to stay patient and wait to move on to the next steps. So I don't. Stay patient, that is.

Friday afternoon's linocut adventure started to bring our little birdy buddy back in to view:


Step 9: An ochre-to-green blend. Rolled just in the bottom 2/3 of the block, although all the blue area has been carved out of the top third, so it wouldn't really matter. Feeling a little better about the background now.


Step 10: Another blend, this one green to green. I like how the fence is starting to appear at this point.

I thought I'd be clearing out all the background now and finishing up the fence and bird, but I think it needs one more pass to deepen the value in the bottom third of the image. So... a little more grass carving and THEN the bird and the fence.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you probably have the space any more now you have the big press, but have a few lino on the go at once to try to stay patient??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I did draw up that immense conglomeration of 18 little linos. :-) And I need to finish the editions of some single color pieces that I never finished... and.... :-)

    But something about getting this first piece on the new press DONE, is making me twitchy. Hopefully I'll settle down after this!

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...