Friday, August 22, 2014

Linocut in Progress: Aaaaannnd... hmmmm.

Check out this color:


Borderline obnoxious, isn't it?

But it's also pretty transparent, so let's see what it looks like rolled up on the block.


Still pretty darn obnoxious, even with the tan of the block behind it. You'll note I didn't ink the entire block... wasn't sure I wanted this color to go everywhere.

Paintbrush linocut, Step 6

But now that it's down... not so bad, eh? Only the tiniest bits of the previous pink remain, but I got two (well, three, if you count the portion of the image that starts to be greens) colors for the price of one pass. That's pretty fun.

I really need to decide what I'm going to do about this background. Right now I'm just making some random marks for the heck of it. Don't know if I'm going to continue with that or not. It's all plenty gooey now, though, so it's a good thing I'm headed to the Big City for a couple of days. Maybe an idea for the background will magically materialize before I return.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...