Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Finished. No foolin'!

"Six Cormorants and a Duck"
Can you find the duck?

The biggest prank of my first day of April was meted out by this crazy single color linocut. I mean, really. It's taking HOW long to rub a decent print?

For today I pulled just seven prints on Awagami kozo and two on Arches hot press watercolor paper. (For hand-coloring experiments.) Between the recent carving and printing marathons my wrist is just too, too tired to do much more right now.. but that's the good thing about single color! I don't HAVE to print the entire edition at once. (Although going through all the cleanup knowing I have to do it again isn't very much fun.)

But, ooh.... when you look at this, can't you just imagine a series of blended rolls under all this line work? Yeah. Later.

For the next day or two I need to turn my attention to some contract projects, and then it will be time to take a deep breath and finish the eiders. I also need to start drawing up another single color image, because it would be silly to have only one in the exhibition.  I have about three weeks left to get everything done! Yikes!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! And the *almost* hidden duck is a nice touch. I could definitely see some blended rolls under this -- but it's also fine and dandy just as it is. Now...give that poor wrist a little rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where waldo? but with a duck instead :p

    give the wrist some rest, really deserve it after all this work you have been producing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kathleen and Jen. Just one day of no carving or printing went a long way to making me feel better. Which is a good thing, since I still need to try to produce two more images before April 17! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know--it's pretty gorgeous just the way it is. I love this black and white print. I sure know what you mean about the wrist, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful print. In addition to the cormorants,the rocks really look nice. They appear to have seaweed on them and have a heavy wet appearance that not every artist can get on paper.

    ReplyDelete

Linocut in Progress: The Third Act

Time to wrap up this linocut ! And we are wrapping at warp speed (see what I did there?)... because there are deadlines. Exhibition deadline...